Thursday, July 2, 2009

Presentations

Individual Presentations
The Rise of Gothic Literature

Each student will present a 5 to 10 minute oral presentation on one of the following authors or historic/Gothic themes. Students will select one item from the following list (on a first come first serve basis) and prepare a one-page handout and a short oral presentation. The handout should combine text and images with a short bibliography, and the student should seek to present his/her presentation is light of the week’s readings. Students should feel free to incorporate PowerPoint presentations, Youtube videos, or any other visual aid into their presentation.
To sign up for a topic: Please comment on this post and sign up for the topic of your choice--first come first served--one student per subject. I would advise students to briefly research the topics so that they can make an educated decision in choosing their topic.
Choices: One student per subject:
1. Doppelgangers Now Free
2. Transcendentalism (Shea P)
3. Walpole, Horace (me)
4. Robert Lewis Stevenson me
5. Harriet E. Wilson (Rachel W.)
6. Elizabeth Gaskell (Spenser)
7. Harriet Jacobs and Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl & Slave Narratives (Jared)
8. Jane Austen (Noelle N.)
9. Tennessee Williams (Kelsey W.)
10. William Faulkner (Adam)
11. Edgar Allen Poe (Harry)
12 Joyce Carol Oates (Lauren)
13. Calvinism & Reformation (Wes B.)
14. Romanticism (Rachel R)
15. Nathaniel Hawthorne (Brett)
16. Darwinism (Kacie B)
17. Charles Chesnutt (Erica Lawrence)
18. George Washington Cable (Keion)
19. Anne Radcliffe (Romance of the Forrest) (Susan S.)
20. Flannery O’Conner (Te L)
21. Charlotte Perkins Gilman (Justin)
22. Chuck Palaniuk (Joe)
23. French Revolution (Angela Goodwin)
24. Jacobites (Chas)
25. Gothic Architecture me

7 comments:

  1. I would like to choose Harriet E. Wilson for my presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do Tennessee Williams for my presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to do Jane Austen for my presentation, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to do Calvinism

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do doppelgangers for my presentation -

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to do Transcendentalism

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to choose Flannery O’Conner for my presentation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete